The Right Tool for the Job


The Olloclip 3 in 1 Lens for iPhone 4S
Nearly everything can be achieved with the most basic of tools. How successfully and efficiently is the real variable. 

I wasn't using my DSLR, so I finally broke down and sold my Nikon D70, which was a big step for me as a photographer by trade.  I felt, and still feel, naked and a bit without a limb afterwards. I only have my iPhone 4S's camera now and so I decided to look for some accessories to ease my transition. 

I bought 2 products based on cell phone camera reviews. 1) the Olloclip, and 2) a Gorilla Grip tripod, both for purposes of product photography for my Etsy and EBay shops. 

I'm already quite attached to my new lenses!! The downside of the Olloclip is that it only fits a naked phone; I've read it will even tear at your protective screen cover if you have one. (My daughter did well enough on that task so my Olloclip didn't have to.) I do, however, keep my phone in a case which has to be removed each time I use my Olloclip. (My case is a snap-on Barely-There style from Case-Mate so this isn't such a tragedy.)

A picture is worth a thousand words -- or at least a few, so I'll let them do the talking. (All images taken from same angle and distance from subject.)
Naked - No lens
Wide Angle Olloclip

Macro Olloclip
Olloclip Fish Eye Lens

Naked - No Lens
Olloclip Wide Angle
Olloclip Fish Eye

Comments

  1. Cool tripod. Does it work ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tripod works great too. yea, i forgot to talk about it didn't i? well, it's quite "grippy" with the flexible legs lined with some sort of rubber to prevent slipping, so it can be wrapped around a pole or branch, or used traditionally on its own three feet. A phone isn't heavy even with the added lens, so the tripod easily accomodates the weight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts